Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chicken Parmesan


In college, I didn't really know how to cook. I'm definitely not an expert now. BUT - As a start to my recipe blog, I thought that I would share my first adventure in cooking.


"Ghetto" Chicken Parmesan
Serves 2.


-2 pre-cooked frozen chicken patties
-pasta of choice
-jar/can pasta sauce of choice
-grated parmesan cheese (in college, I used the packages from Pizza Hut)

Cook chicken patty and pasta according to package directions. Heat sauce on stove top.

Place pasta on plate. Cover with pasta sauce. Place chicken patty on top. Spoon a little pasta sauce on top of patty. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Now you have a super tasty meal!!



I decided to include this recipe as my first blog entry to show how far I've come. I used to "cook" by opening a box, can, or package. My only effort was to stir the packaged mix. After my adventures with pre-packaged food, I moved on to unhealthy. You know... Paula Deen style - butter, butter, sugar, butter - that's fine occasionally or for a special event (or after a really bad day), but I needed to make a change. I'm not getting any younger, and my blood pressure wasn't getting any lower. Most of the meals that I cook now are Weight Watcher-friendly. I know that low fat and low calories aren't all that it takes to be healthy, but I'm trying....

My next recipe will be slightly more grown-up and way more tasty than "ghetto" chicken parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment